Director of Engineering, Automation at 2nd Watch
April 2017 - Present
I work with our engineers and product teams to; Adopt cloud native technologies,
drive cultural change, solve client delivery issues, and speed up the delivery of
business value. We focus on quality, well architected solutions, that automate business
process and eliminate waste.
Sr. Product Manager at 2nd Watch
March 2016 - April 2017 (11 months)
Technical product lead for Internal Automation efforts.
The internal automation team at 2nd Watch creates robust solutions leveraging a wide variety of cloud-native
technologies. We write software to automate business process so our colleagues can concentrate on
delivering value in a meaningful way.
Cloud Architect at 2nd Watch
August 2014 - March 2016 (1 year 7 months)
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies.
- Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security
standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure - Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Director of Information Technology @ RightAction
December 2013 - August 2014 (8 months)
- Manage IT infrastructure from top down for three individual companies in a shared space. - Assist engineering with deployment strategies on product with over 55 million DAUs.
- Budget planning and allocation.
- Cisco Network Administration and Security.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Facilitate and oversee the creation of new locations worldwide.
- Investigate new technologies that allow for greater productivity in the workplace.
- Implement and administer policies and procedures for inventory tracking and management.
Operations Engineer at Tamman Technologies Inc.
March 2013 - December 2013 (9 months)
- Rails development and Application deployment
- System automation and configuration via Boxen and Puppet
- Server Administration in VmWare and AWS environments
- Network Administration with Cisco and open source PFsense based hardware
System Engineer at Tamman Technologies Inc.
November 2012 - March 2013 (4 months)
- Implement Virtual Solutions with VMware ESXI and VMware vSphere solutions - End user support for industry standard applications on OS X
- Design and implement small to medium sized business infrastructure
- Remote Support for OS X and Windows based systems
Hardware Technician at Apple (Genius)
July 2010 - November 2012 (2 years 4 months)
- Responsible for deployment, imaging, and management of Apple-owned systems
- Research and identification of repair patterns in hardware and reporting to Apple engineers
- Network administration, systems administration, mentoring, and solutions engineering
- Creation and maintenance of in-house tools and diagnostic images created in OS X Server and deployed
through NetRestore or DeployStudio